Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance and physicians/staff from Middle Tennessee Medical Center will again offer free pre-participation exams for prospective Rutherford County middle and high school student athletes on Saturday, April 29, 2017. To make this day go as smoothly as possible, please note the following:
- Exams will be at Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance, 1800 Medical Center Parkway, in Murfreesboro, not at each individual school.
- Please have the correct form and all required parent/guardian signatures filled out at the time of arrival.
- This will be the only opportunity for athletes participating in sports to receive these exams – no make-up exams will be done.
- Athletes are not required to attend these exams, but a physical is required for participation in sports.
- Please avoid any caffeine/energy drinks. Blood pressure will be taken and athlete may not be cleared.
- Athletes should dress in shorts/t-shirts to allow physicians to evaluate extremities as needed.
- Athletes must present all appropriate forms, completed and signed by parent/guardian. Athletes without completed and signed forms will not be eligible to receive an exam. Blank forms (History, Physical Exam, Clearance, and Parent Consent) can be found HERE. Please have all 6 pages filled out with all required parent/guardian signatures before the time of entrance.
- Contact information is listed below. Please do not contact TOA with questions about exams.
- Parents are welcome to accompany their children throughout the entire process.
- Exams will be complimentary; however, donations will be accepted. Proceeds will be used to purchase medical equipment used by the Rutherford County Schools Athletic Trainers.
- Please note that some medical problems detected during physical exam may require clearance from the athlete’s primary physician. Parents may wish to schedule a complete physical evaluation from their physician/pediatrician.
- Each student is responsible for delivery of forms to their coach – copies will not be available.
Please adhere to the scheduled times for your school listed below. A small wait should be expected.
7:45AM Smyrna High, Siegel High, Riverdale High, Siegel Middle, Smyrna Middle, Rockvale Middle, Christiana Middle, Whitworth-Buchannan
8:30AM Oakland High, Blackman High, MTCS, Oakland Middle, Blackman Middle, Lancaster Christian, Thurman Francis, Eagleville, Rocky Fork Middle
9:15AM LaVergne High, Stewarts Creek High, Holloway, Rock Springs Middle, LaVergne Middle, Central Magnet, Providence Christian, Stewarts Creek Middle, FRCS
Please contact Brad Rohling at email@example.com as soon as possible should there be any conflicts with scheduled times. Every attempt will be made to accommodate any conflicts. Do not hesitate to email with problems, questions, or concerns. Please do not contact the physicians/staff of TOA with questions.