Dr. Russell C. McKissick joined TOA after completing his fellowship in orthopaedic sports medicine and joint replacement in San Antonio, Texas, in 2007. He finished his residency in orthopaedic surgery and his general surgery internship at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He is a graduate of The University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Memphis, Tennessee, where he was a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
Dr. McKissick graduated magna Cum laude from Lipscomb University in Nashville with a Bachelors of Science in Biology. He currently lives in Murfreesboro with his wife, Stephanie, and his three sons and one daughter. He enjoys water and snow skiing, spending time with his family and participating in church activities.
Dr. McKissick sees patients with all types of orthopaedic problems with a special interest in sports medicine, shoulder surgery and Joint Replacement.. He also serves as a team physician for MTSU and Rutherford County Schools.
- David Lipscomb University (Biology) - Nashville, TN
- University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, TN (M.D. - 2001)
- University of Texas Health Science Center, General Surgery, San Antonio, TX (2001-2002)
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX (2002-2006)
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Joint Replacement, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX (2006-2007)