Michael C. Bowman, D.O.
Michael C. Bowman, D.O.
- Robert Morris University B.A. (2010, Environmental Science and Pre-Medicine) 2006 – 2010, Moon Township, PA
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine (2014) 2010 – 2014, Greensburg, PA
- University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio 2014 – 2018, Anesthesiology Residency, San Antonio, TX
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center 2018 – 2019, Pain Medicine Fellowship, Nashville, TN
Michael C. Bowman, D.O., specializes in interventional pain management. He is board certified through the American Board of Anesthesiology. A native of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Dr. Bowman graduated Magna Cum Laude from Robert Morris University with a B.A in Environmental Science where he was an NCAA Division I Track and Field athlete. He received his Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. He subsequently completed an Anesthesiology Residency at University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio where he served as Chief Resident. Dr. Bowman then completed a Pain Medicine Fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
His practice focuses on treating patients with both acute and chronic pain conditions including disorders of the spine, postoperative pain syndromes, myofascial disorders and arthritis. Dr. Bowman utilizes a multimodal approach consisting of therapies, medication management and minimally invasive procedures.
Dr. Bowman holds active memberships in the American Society of Anesthesiologists, Tennessee Society of Anesthesiologists and the Tennessee Medical Association. He has authored several book chapters and research articles as well as presented his research at scientific meetings.
Outside of work, Dr. Bowman enjoys spending time with his family, traveling, sports, cooking and the outdoors.
- Walters, J. L., Bowman, M. C. and Jackson, H. Mindfulness to Improve Functional Outcomes in Patients with Fibromyalgia or Central Sensitization: A Pilot Feasibility Study. 08/2018 – Present
- Little, M., Bowman, M.C., Shu, S.K., Mehra, N., Nguyen, T. and Bunegin, L. Ultrasound-guided Transversus Abdominis Plane Nerve Blocks for Postoperative Analgesia in Kidney Donors: A Comparison of Opiate Use and End-tidal CO2 in PACU Patients Who Receive the Nerve Block and Those Who Do Not. 2015-2016
- Bowman, M.C., Maracaja, L. F. Micropuncture Kits to Obtain Large-Bore Peripheral Venous Access. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. DOI: 10.1053/j.jvca.2017.07.017
- Michael Bowman and Paulina Cardenas. Anesthesia in The Elderly Patient. Decision Making in Anesthesiology. Mosby, 2017. (Ready for publication)
- Michael Bowman. Management of Acute Pain. Decision Making in Pain Medicine. Mosby, 2018. (Published)
- Chief Resident – Peer and faculty selected (04/2017-04/2018)
- Academic Achievement Award (06/2018)
- Texas Society of Anesthesiology Annual Jeopardy Runner-Up (09/2017)
- Outstanding Contribution to Medical Student Education (06/2016)
- LECOM Scholarship for Academic Excellence (2012-2014)
- A. Archie Feinstein Scholarship (2012)
- Academic Dean’s List and National Dean’s List (all semesters 2006-2010)
- Member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars (2006-2010)
- Presidential Undergraduate Award in Pre-Medicine (2010)
- Northeast Conference Athletic Honor Roll (2006-2010)
- Track and Field Letterman (2006-2010)
Memberships & Associations
- American Society of Anesthesiology
- Texas Society of Anesthesiology