With 33 bones stacked to support the body’s entire neuromusculoskeletal system, the spine is vulnerable to trauma, injuries, arthritis, disease and a multitude of other disorders. At some point in their lives, most people find themselves seeking back specialists or spinal surgeons to relieve back pain. Sometimes, conditions affecting other parts of the body are actually rooted in a back problem. Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance (TOA) has numerous fellowship-trained spine surgeons who specialize in spinal treatment and back surgery, serving Nashville and its surrounding areas. They are able to expertly address the challenges associated with back and spinal disorders. TOA treats and provides surgical solutions for pediatric spine disorders as well.
For those suffering back pain, having access to TOA’s extensive team of fellowship-trained back doctors who can provide a multi-disciplined yet cohesive approach, can improve quality of life. Treating issues like disc degeneration, fractures, tumors, spondylolisthesis or spinal stenosis can be complex, and spinal surgery may help. However, our spine surgeons often prescribe less intensive (non-surgical) treatment options.
TOA’s nine spine surgeons are highly trained in multiple spine procedures including and treating:
- Kyphoplasty — repairing vertebral fractures.
- Spinal fusion — fusing vertebrae – from cervical to lumbar.
- Laminectomy — removing bone spurs or ligaments.
- Foraminotomy — removing bone to widen vertebral space for nerve roots to exit the spine.
- Discectomy — removing herniated disc material.
- Disc replacement — inserting new discs to cushion bones.
Our surgeons have extensive backgrounds and expertise in state-of-the-art arthroscopic and endoscopic surgical procedures and hold certification from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Back problems can be extremely painful, but noninvasive therapies can be highly useful for diagnosing and treating pain, numbness, tingling or strength loss. Other conditions include scoliosis, arthritis, strain and physical inequalities.
TOA also has physicians on staff who specialize in nonsurgical spine treatments including:
- Epidural steroid injections
- Therapeutic exercise and rehabilitation
- Orthotics, bracing and prosthetic devices
- Interventional pain treatment and management.
TOA has 20 convenient clinic locations in the Nashville metropolitan and southern Kentucky area to provide back and spine consultation.
- Centennial - Nashville, TN
- Clarksville, TN
- Cookeville, TN
- Dover, TN
- Franklin, TN
- Gallatin, TN
- Hendersonville, TN
- Lebanon, TN
- Manchester, TN
- Mt. Juliet, TN
- Murfreesboro, TN
- Shelbyville, TN
- Spring Hill, TN
- St. Thomas Midtown, Nashville, TN
- OneC1TY (West End/Charlotte Ave.) Nashville, TN
- Ortho Urgent Care / Injury Clinic Nashville, TN
- Skyline, TN
- Smyrna, TN
- St. Thomas West, Nashville, TN
- Waverly, TN
Our back and spine physicians see patients at multiple sites, and have privileges at many prominent area hospitals. TOA also provides MRI/CT and physical therapy services.
With its team of highly qualified, board-certified, and fellowship-trained surgeons and doctors, Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance offers both surgical and conservative spinal care solutions.
Compassionate, resourceful and current with the latest spinal research and technological advancements, we are here to serve the greater Nashville-Middle Tennessee area. To find a specialist near you, use our Search for a Physician tool, and choose “Spine.”