Pre-Participation Athletic Exams for 2023-2024 for Rutherford County Athletes
Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance along with providers from Ascension Saint Thomas and Results Physiotherapy will be offering free pre-participation exams for prospective Rutherford County middle and high school student athletes on Saturday, June 17, 2023. To make this day go as smooth as possible, please note the following:
- Exams will be at TOA, 1800 Medical Center Parkway, in Murfreesboro, not at each individual school.
- Please have the correct form and all required parent/guardian signatures filled out at the time of arrival. Athletes without completed and signed forms will not be eligible to receive an exam. Printers will not be available the day of physicals.
- This will be the only opportunity for athletes to receive these exams—no make-up will be done.
- Athletes should dress in shorts/t-shirts to allow physicians to evaluate extremities as needed.
- Parents are welcome to accompany their children throughout the entire process.
- Exams will be complimentary.
- Please note that some medical problems detected during physical exam may require clearance from the athlete’s physician. Parents may wish to schedule a complete physical evaluation from their physician.
- Each student is responsible for delivery of forms to their coach—copies will not be available.
Please adhere to the scheduled times for your school listed below. A small wait should be expected.
7:45AM—Smyrna High, Siegel High, Riverdale High, Siegel Middle, Smyrna Middle, Rockvale Middle, Rockvale High, Christiana Middle, Whitworth-Buchannan
8:30AM—Oakland High, Blackman High, MTCS, Oakland Middle, Blackman Middle, Lancaster Christian, Thurman Francis, Eagleville, Rocky Fork Middle
9:15AM—LaVergne High, Stewarts Creek High, Holloway, Rock Springs Middle, LaVergne Middle, Central Magnet, Providence Christian, Stewarts Creek Middle, FRCS
Please contact Cheryl Bolen at BolenCR@TOA.com as soon as possible should there be any conflicts with scheduled times. Do not hesitate to email with problems, questions, or concerns.