Paul W. Grutter, M.D.
Paul W. Grutter, M.D.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopaedic Surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia, MO
- Detroit Medical Center / Wayne State University
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery - Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland
Dr. Grutter is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in shoulder surgery, arthroscopic surgery and joint replacement. He trained at the most well-known and respected medical center in the world, Johns Hopkins. Dr. Grutter is board certified in both Orthopaedic surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and is fellowship-trained in Shoulder and Elbow surgery.
Dr. Grutter was previously an assistant Orthopaedic surgeon for the Baltimore Orioles and has provided Orthopaedic care for numerous Navy SEALs, Army Rangers, Polish and British Special Forces as well as the US Navy, Air Force, Marines, Army and Coast Guard.
Having been a former collegiate scholarship athlete, Dr. Grutter commonly cares for athletes of all kinds. Dr. Grutter played on two NCAA Division II playoff football teams and was the team captain of the 1994 team which finished ranked 9th in the nation. He was a 1st team MIAA All-Conference inside linebacker and a NCAA Division II All-American.
Specific Areas of Specialty:
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Total Knee Replacement
- Anterior Total Hip Replacement
- Cartilage Repair & Transplantation
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Partial Knee Replacement
Military Service and Commendations
- United States Air Force
- Army Commendation Medal for meritorious achievement and meritorious service during Operation Enduring Freedom, Forward Operating Base – Salerno, Afghanistan
- Air Force Commendation Medal for outstanding achievement and meritorious service to the United States Air Force
- NATO Medal for service in relation to ISAF Operation
- Air Force Afghanistan Campaign Medal with Bronze Star in recognition of service in support of Operation Enduring Freedom
- Army Combat Action Badge in recognition of Soldiers personally engaged by the enemy
- Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
- National Defense Service Medal
- Air Force Outstanding Unit Award and was a member of the Honor Flight - USAF Officer Training School