Justin W. West, MD
Justin W. West, MD
Tennessee Technological University, Cookeville, TN (2006)
University of Kentucky, College of Medicine, Lexington, KY (2011)
University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH (2016)
San Diego Sports Medicine and the Scripps Clinic at Torrey Pines, San Diego, CA (2017)
Justin West, M.D. is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder and knee, and shoulder replacement.
Dr. West holds a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry from Tennessee Tech University where he graduated cum laude. He received his medical degree with high distinction from the University of Kentucky. Subsequently, he completed a residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. In addition to his orthopaedic training in Cincinnati, Dr. West completed a one year sports medicine and shoulder surgery fellowship at San Diego Sports Medicine and the Scripps Clinic at Torrey Pines. He has extensive professional and collegiate sports medicine experience and while in San Diego served as a Team Physician for the San Diego Chargers, San Diego Padres, San Diego State Aztecs, San Diego Gulls and several other college and high school sports teams.
Dr. West specializes in sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder and knee, and performs complex shoulder reconstructions including anatomic and reverse total shoulder replacements. He also has an interest in anterior hip replacement as well as minimally invasive partial and total knee replacements. He is also trained in cartilage preservation and restoration techniques. Dr. West enjoys caring for a wide range of patients, from the injured collegiate athlete to those patients looking to improve their quality of life or get back to work. Dr. West treats both adults and children.
He is a member of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM), American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), and the Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA).
Dr. West is a native of Oneida, TN. In his free time, he enjoys snow skiing, traveling, and spending time with his wife and their two children.
Currently, Dr. West serves as a team physician for MTSU, Sewanee, and Rutherford County Schools.
- Outstanding Resident Award in Diagnostic/Management Problem Solving – University of Florida, William F. Enneking Musculoskeletal Pathology Seminar 2013
- Academic Excellence Scholarship 2008-2011
- Promotion with High Distinction 2007-2010
- Dr. W.C. and Sara McCauley Scholarship for Academic Achievement 2008
- Valedictorian Oneida High School 2002
Memberships & Associations
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- San Diego Chargers - Team physician 2016
- San Diego Padres - Team physician 2016
- San Diego State Aztecs - Team physician 2016
- San Diego Gulls - Team physician 2016
- Middle Tennessee State University - Team physician 2017
- Sewanee 2017 - Team physician 2017
- Rutherford County Schools 2017