Lucas G. Teske, M.D.
Lucas G. Teske, M.D.
North Dakota State University B.S. (2009, Zoology) 2006 - 2009, Fargo, ND
University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences, M.D. (2015), 2011 - 2015, Grand Forks, ND
Wake Forest University, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, 2015 - 2020, Winston-Salem, NC
Orthopaedic Surgery Sports Medicine and Shoulder Reconstruction Fellowship, 2020 - 2021, Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas, Greenville, SC
Lucas G. Teske, M.D. is a fellowship-trained, orthopedic sports medicine and shoulder reconstruction specialist. Dr. Teske is originally from North Dakota and is a graduate of the University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences. He completed his Orthopaedic Surgery Residency at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, NC. Dr. Teske completed a fellowship in sports medicine and shoulder reconstruction at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic of the Carolinas in Greenville, SC. He has had experience serving as the team physician for the Colorado Rockies, as well as helping represent the Rockies at the inaugural MLB Combine in 2021. He has served as team physician for Wake Forest, Winston-Salem State University, North Greenville University, and multiple high schools.
During his medical training, Dr. Teske was honored with multiple awards for teaching and academic excellence. He has published multiple peer reviewed articles regarding shoulder surgery and sports medicine, as well as writing book chapters and giving podium presentations. In 2021, he was awarded the prestigious Frankle-Mighell award for his research on regional anesthesia in shoulder surgery.
He currently holds memberships with American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), American Shoulder and Elbow Society (ASES), Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA), the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM), International Society of Arthroscopy Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS), Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AOA), and Hawkins Society.
In his free time, Dr. Teske enjoys spending time with his wife and three children. His hobbies include fishing, hunting, golf, soccer, and racquet sports.
- Teske L, Al’Khafaji I, Graves BR. Needle length requirement for glenohumeral joint injection using the Neviaser approach. Orthopedics. 2020 Jul 1;43(4):e215-8. PMID: 32271929
- Teske L, Waterman BR. Editorial Commentary: Shoulder bone loss for dummies: A reproducible technique for quantifying glenohumeral osseous defects. Arthroscopy. 2019 Jun;35(6):1794-5. PMID: 31159964
- Trammell A, Teske L, Moore RE. Grand Rounds: Anterior tibial spine avulsion in an adolescent case report. OrthopedicsToday. Oct 2019.
- Teske L, Stubbs AJ. Grand Rounds: PVNS of a pediatric hip case report. OrthopedicsToday. May 2018.
- Teske L, Stone AV. Hip Joint Restoration. Edited by Joseph McCarthy, Philip Noble and Richard Villar. J Hip Preserv Surg. 2017 Aug;4(3):261.
- Meiers C, Teske L, Crabill J, Robertson C, Nelsen M. A Retrospective Analysis of the Effectiveness of MRI and Ultrasound in Identifying Rotator Cuff Tears. Open J of Clin Diag. Jan 2017;(7):1-7.
- Teske L, Johnson DH, Waterman BR. (2018). Instrumented measurement of the multiple-ligament-injured knee: Arthrometers, Stress Radiography, and Laxiometry. In GC Fanelli (Ed.), The Multiple Ligament Injured Knee, 3rd Ed. New York, NY: Springer.
- Stewart RK, Oreck SL, Teske L, Waterman BR. (2018). Orthopedic Patients. In Hurd WW, Jernigan JG (Eds.), Aeromedical Evacuation, 2nd Ed. New York, NY: Springer.
- Teske L. (2017, Oct). Needle Length Requirement for Glenohumeral Joint Injection Using the Neviaser Approach. Presentation at North Carolina Orthopaedic Association, Williamsburg, VA.
- Teske L, Graves B, Al’Khafaji I. (2017, Nov). Needle Length Requirement for Glenohumeral Joint Injection Using the Neviaser Approach. Poster presented at Wake Forest Surgical Sciences Research Day, Winston Salem, NC.
- Teske L, Meiers C. The Impact of Time Between Image and Surgery, Patient BMI, Smoking Status and Age on Ultrasound Accuracy (UNDSMHS Frank Low Research April, 2013)
- Meiers C, Teske L. Accuracy of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Ultrasound in identifying rotator cuff tears in a clinical setting (UNDSMHS Frank Low Research April, 2013)
- Teske L, et al. Athletes diagnosed with anterior and posterior shoulder instability display different chief complaints and disability. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2021 Jul;30(7S):S21-6.
- Frank E. Pollock, Sr. – Academic Excellence Award, 2020
- Resident Teaching Award, Wake Forest, 2020
- Resident Teaching Award, Wake Forest, 2018
- AANA Resident Scholarship recipient, Annual Meeting, 2018
- North Dakota Medical Association Peer Teaching Award, Class of 2015 2013 American College of Surgeons Wayne M. Swenson, MD Award, 2013
- Dean’s scholarship for College of Math and Science, 2006
- North Dakota State University Dean’s List, 2006-2009
- Frankle-Mighell Award, ASES Fellows Symposium, 2021
Memberships & Associations
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS) Hawkins Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (AOA)