Ryan D. Snowden, M.D.
Click here to talk with your friends and neighbors that
Ryan D. Snowden, M.D.
-Georgetown College, 2004-2008, Georgetown, KY
-University of Louisville School of Medicine, 2008-2012, Georgetown, KY
-University of Kentucky Department of Orthopaedic Surgerry and Sports Medicine, 2012-2017, Orthopaedic Surgical Residency, Lexington, KY
-Indiana Spine Group, 2017-2018, Spine Fellowship, Carmel, IN
Ryan D. Snowden, M.D. is a fellowship-trained, orthopedic surgeon specializing in spine surgery. Dr. Snowden is a graduate of University of Louisville School of Medicine and he completed his undergraduate degree in Biology and Religion at Georgetown College where he received the Verberg Medical School Award.
Dr. Snowden completed an Orthopaedic Surgical residency at the University of Kentucky Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine where he was a recipient of the Thomas D. Brewer Visiting Professor Presentation Award. He completed his Spine Surgery fellowship with the Indiana Spine Group, focusing on complex cervical and lumbar deformity as well as all other aspects of spine surgery.
He holds memberships with the American Medical Association and the North American Spine Society.
He has extensive research experience and interest in cervical disc arthroplasty, anterior cervical fusion, safety of ambulatory cervical and lumbar surgery, scoliosis and anterior lumbar surgery. His research has been presented at several national meetings.
In his free time Dr. Snowden spends time with his wife, Christin Snowden, and son Sawyer. He also enjoys golf, weight lifting and playing with their black lab.
- “Treatment of Acromioclavicular Joint Dislocations and Distal Clavicular Fractures using the Hook Plate: a retrospective study” PI- Ryan Snowden, David Seligson, 2010
- How We Do It: The Posteromedial Supine Approach: Surgical and Anatomical Anatomy PI- Ryan Snowden, Cyril Mauffrey . EJOST Aug 2012. Vol 22. Issue 6. pp487-491, 2011
- Functional Outcome of Primary Total Elbow Replacement Comparing Triceps On and Triceps Off surgical approaches. PI- Srinath Kamineni . Abstract SICOT, 2014
- Total Elbow Arthroplasty: Triceps Triple Window Approach. PI- Srinath Kamineni. Abstract SICOR, 2014
- Increased Rate Of Acute Post-Operative Wound Problems Following Posterior Spinal Fusion For Overweight/Obese Patients With Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. PI- Ryan Snowden, Todd Milbrant . PSONA ePoster Presentation (2015). In submission.
- Characteristics of Obese Patients Undergoing Posterior Spinal Fusion for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis. PI- Vince Prusik, Ryan Muchow. Ryan Snowden . SRS ePoster Presentation (2015).
- Evaluation of DIAM™ Spinal Stabilization System for Lower Lumbar Disc Degenerative Disease: A Randomized, Prospective, Single-Site Study. PI- Joseph Smucker . In submission.
- Does Target Level Sagittal Alignment Affect Adjacent Level Disc Height Loss. PI - Rick Sasso. In progress.
- Verberg Medical School Award
- MS-I: Physiology,Biochemestry
- MS-II: Microbiology-Immunology
- MS-III: Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Psychiatry, Surgery, Pediatric Clerkships
- Thomas D. Brewer Visiting Professor Presentation Award
Memberships & Associations
- American Medical Association, 2008-Present
- Lexington Medical Association 2012-Present
- NASS 2014-Present