Jeffrey L. Herring, M.D.
Jeffrey L. Herring, M.D.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Baylor University, Waco, TX (B.S. 1982)
- Univ. of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City & Tulsa, OK (M.D. 1986)
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Tennessee College of Medicine (1986-1992)
- Foot and Ankle Surgery, Duke University Medical Center (1992-1993)
Dr. Herring graduated Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa from Baylor University in his home state of Texas with a Bachelor of Science degree in psychology. He is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Tennessee College of Medicine in Chattanooga (Erlanger Hospital) and a fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at Duke University Medical Center. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and a member of the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.
Dr. Herring joined Tennessee Orthopaedic Alliance in 1993. He specializes in orthopaedic foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Herring is a member of the medical staffs at Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital and Centennial Medical Center. Over the years, he has presented papers covering topics such as sports medicine, foot and ankle injuries and reconstructive surgery. He has served as a clinical instructor in orthopaedic surgery for the Vanderbilt University Orthopaedic Residency program and University of Tennessee College of Medicine.
Dr. Herring served as a team physician to the Tennessee Titans/Oilers from 1997-2003, and for Hillsboro High School. He is currently the team doctor for Harpeth Hall School in Nashville and is the orthopaedic consultant for the Nashville Ballet. He serves on the TOA Executive Board and is presently the chairman of the Baptist Ambulatory Surgery Center’s Medical Executive Committee.
Dr. Herring and his wife Kay have three children: Jordan, a medical student at East Tennessee; Kendal, a graduate student at Vanderbilt and teacher for Metro Schools; Kelsey, a senior at Harpeth Hall planning to attend Belmont University. Dr. Herring and his children have travelled to Honduras with surgical mission teams from Baptist Medical Dental Missions International.
- Magna Cum Laude Baylor University
- Phi Beta Kappa Baylor University
- "Graduate of Distinction" University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Kenneth Johnson teaching award by Vanderbilt University Orthopaedic Residents
- Harpeth Hall