R. David Todd, M.D.
R. David Todd, M.D.
- American Board of Anesthesiology - Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Ohio State University
- University of Texas Southwestern at Dallas (2006)
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN (2006-2007)
- Anesthesiology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN (2007-2010)
- Interventional Pain Management, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN (July 2010-June 2011)
R. David Todd, MD specializes in interventional pain management. He is double board certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine through the American Board of Anesthesiology. A native of West Texas, Dr. Todd graduated from Ohio State University with honors before attending the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. He then completed his anesthesia residency, followed by an interventional pain treatment fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. During his fellowship, Dr. Todd received extensive training in treating various acute and chronic pain pathologies, including disorders of the spine, postoperative pain syndromes, myofascial disorders and arthritis. In addition, Dr. Todd’s training includes using various modalities to treat neuropathic pain, complex regional pain syndrome, and headaches.
Dr. Todd takes a multidimensional approach to treating patients that includes therapies, medication management and minimally invasive procedures. An experienced scientific and clinical researcher, Dr. Todd has been published in numerous books, publications and presentations.
Dr. Todd currently sees patients and performs procedures at Saint Thomas West, Saint Thomas Midtown, and Saint Thomas Rutherford. He is a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians and the American Academy of Pain Medicine.
Away from the office, Dr. Todd enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons. He enjoys golf, travel, college sports, basketball and reading.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this description should be construed as either TOA or Dr. Todd advertising themselves as a pain management clinic.
Memberships & Associations
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians, 2009
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia, 2008
- Tennessee Medical Association, 2006
- American Society of Anesthesiologists, 2006